Scorecard & Local Rules
The scorecard for St Fillans
Out of Bounds – Rule 18.2
A ball is out of bounds if it lies on or over any boundary wall or fence or in the River Earn. The area defined by white marker posts at the 1st and 9th holes is deemed to be out of bounds.
Immovable Obstructions – Rule 16
The following are deemed immovable obstructions:
- All man-made roads and paths and their supporting banks, and other man-made structures, including telegraph poles, fixed seats, the concrete cover at the 1st and so on. (Raised tees are integral parts of the course.)
- All surface stones in the "general area" of the course. Rock outcrops such as those at the 5th and 6th holes are integral parts of the course.
- All staked, protected or marked trees.
- Fixed sprinkler heads.
- All tracks and ruts created by tractor or equipment use are GUR.
Relief may be taken, not nearer the hole.
Penalty Areas – Rule 17
The ditch guarding the 2nd green is a penalty area made up of yellow and red posts. The area in front of the 3rd tee is a yellow penalty area. If a ball lands in this area, it may be played from the designated dropping zone after taking a penalty of one stroke. The pond behind the 5th green is a red penalty area.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES MAY APPLY FROM TIME TO TIME. PLAYERS MUST CHECK THE NOTICE BOARDS BEFORE COMMENCING PLAY.
Priority on the 1st tee:
- Competitions or groups with reserved times have priority.
- Players continuing after 9 holes shall alternate with players waiting to start, except as in 1.
THE DECISION OF THE STARTER ON THE ORDER OF PLAY IS FINAL.
- Repair pitch marks on greens, replace divots and rake bunkers after playing.
- Always be aware of other players and greens staff on the course. Do not hold up play or pressurise those ahead. If there is one clear hole ahead and you are holding up play for any reason, you MUST invite the following group to play through.
- Greens staff have priority on the course at all times.
- In the interests of safety, children must be supervised at all times.
White and red markers on the fairway are positioned at a distance of 150 yards and 100 yards respectively from the centre of the greens.